Live better with diabetes and mental health. Your feedback matters! HOPE Programme Courses starting in January 2024 Healthcare for People Visiting from Abroad HOPE Programme courses starting in 2024 How to Dispose of Your Inhalers Find a Pharmacy That Offers Free Blood Pressure Checks NHS App For Ordering Prescriptions HOPE Programme at Albany – for Patients Living with Diabetes Wegovy – Latest Update on Weight Loss Drug
You may be well aware that many NHS services in Devon are under an extreme amount of pressure at the moment, with people waiting a very long time in emergency departments to be seen and treated.
We understand that people will always need medical care, and this need is the same no matter whether we have the resources to help everyone as we would like.
The following advice has been given to all local GP surgeries for their patients – please remember that everyone’s actions right now will make a huge difference to the hospitals in Devon. We thank you for your continued support and for continuing to be kind to out staff at this very difficult time.
• Try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people if you come down with a winter bug and do not feel well enough to carry on with your normal activities. Follow self-care tips from www.nhs.uk or your local pharmacy.
• If you’re ill or injured and it’s not life-threatening, and you are not sure where to go, visit 111.nhs.uk or call 111 for advice. The 111 service will book you into NHS services if needed.
• Follow the latest advice during the winter period, on local NHS social media channels and websites.
• Please do everything you can, as a relative or carer of someone in hospital, to work with us to get patients home from hospital as quickly and safely as possible, with additional support if necessary from your local NHS community services or adult social care teams.
• Wear a face mask in healthcare settings, wash your hands regularly, and keep two metres apart from other patients whenever you can.
• Boost your immunity—if you are eligible, get a COVID-19 booster and flu vaccination without delay, if you haven’t already.
Please also take a look at the statement released by One Devon (click here) with important information for all patients, and advice on which local services to choose if you are not sure where to go.